Wednesday, February 21, 2024

10 years in the making.

It's 2014. I'm 16.

Well, technically I'm 15, and my birthday is in four days. I'm lonely. I'm as tired as a fifteen-year-old can be. I don't have a lot of friends.

But you know what I do have? Opinions. 

So, I do the natural thing and start a blog. I pull up blogger, type in my username, Red 98, and press that 'new post' button. 

Red 98 was embarrassing but integral to my teenage-dom. I let my feelings out, I voiced my opinions on things, I came out as 'bisexual' (then forgot about that for 4 years, only to do the whole thing all over again) - but most importantly, I wrote. 


Today, I'm 25. I'm turning 26 in four days. It's been 10 years since I started the original airing of my teenage grievances. 

Today, I'm a copywriter at an ad agency. I get paid to write.

Today, I'm bringing the blog back. 


Welcome to fishermanreport. 

    Why fishermanreport? - to this, I say, why not? 

    Truthfully - it's the product of a random word generator.

This is my low-pressure, low-budget attempt to write without constraints, without pressure, without eyes on it. 

This is the resurgence of my little corner of the internet. 


I hope we have fun here.

Alicia




No comments:

Post a Comment

10 years in the making.

It's 2014. I'm 16. Well, technically I'm 15, and my birthday is in four days. I'm lonely. I'm as tired as a fifteen-year...